Welcome nursing students to Children's of Alabama. During your preceptorship at Children's Hospital (CH) we will try to provide you with an opportunity to see a variety of patients and a wonderful learning experience. We hope that you will decide to make Pediatric Nursing the career of choice for you.
On the Nursing Education web site, you will be able to complete the documents needed for your preceptorship orientation. Please complete these prior to orientation.
Please complete the following (linked to this web page):
- Health Information Form - Complete and bring to Nursing Education Department
- Non-COA Staff Information Handbook - Read the handbook & bring signed certificate indicating that you have read the information
- Pediatric IV Therapy - Read information sheet
- Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Statement - Read and sign this form and bring to Nursing Education Department
- Preceptor Assignment form - Complete and bring the signed original to Nursing Education Department
- Preceptorship Information Sheet - Complete and bring to Nursing Education Department
After you have completed the above items print and sign the Preceptorship Orientation Certificate and bring it with you to Orientation. Click here for the Preceptorship Orientation Certificate and print.
You must provide to your Nursing School coordinator a copy of your CPR card and Flu vaccination verification. Your coordinator will send this information to Nursing Education and Research Department for our files.
Your coordinator will provide information regarding having a CoA ID badge made and iConnect (electronic documentation) access. You will be required to complete 2 online modules before log-on is assigned. THIS MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO PRECEPTORSHIP ORIENTATION.
Parking for preceptorship orientation: You may park on the street or you may park in the visitor parking deck on 5th Avenue. Bring your parking ticket to orientation for validation. I encourage you to carpool with other Nursing Students. I will discuss parking during your orientation.
For any questions contact,
Debra Stewart, MSN, R.N.
(205) 638-9909 Office
(205) 638-6066 FAX
Tera Stallworth, Secretary