The most important part of our mission at Children’s of Alabama (Children’s) is to provide the finest pediatric health services to all children and you are an integral part of that mission.
Children’s has implemented a vendor credentialing program that includes a series of policies aimed at better managing the rising complexity of regulatory compliance issues. The policies were developed with employee and patient safety in mind and will enforce protocols for a more professional and consistent relationship with vendors.
A vendor credentialing service helps us to monitor and remain compliant with the following laws, regulations and policies, to name only a few:
- Health & Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) – Federal government mandate to check all vendors against the “List of Excluded Individuals/Entities” for a Medicare/Medicaid Fraud sanction list
- U.S. Treasury - Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) – Federal government mandate to continuously monitor that no vendor representatives are on the Terrorist watch list
- Deficit Reduction Act – Federal regulation of policy and training presentation
- Stark Law/Anti-kickback – Federal statute requires an auditable record of all disclosures of conflicts of interest
- The Joint Commission Audits – Accreditation requires facility access controls and documentation of immunizations and product/service competency.
As of April 9, 2013, Children's began using Reptrax as its credentialing service provider. Please go to www.reptrax.com to register and learn more about this provider. If you are a current Reptrax user, you will need to include Children's of Alabama as one of your hospital sites and update your profile to achieve compliant status with Children's. Base memberships are free, but do not allow access into many areas of our facilities. Compliance requirements vary from hospital to hospital.
Reptrax Contact Information
Phone: 214-222-7484, Option 3
We thank you for your service to Children’s of Alabama and appreciate your participation in this program.
Larissa Freeman, Manager, Materials Management
Robert Royston, Corporate Compliance Officer
Vendor registration should be done at the vendor’s location. Once registered, reps will need to complete their individual profile to achieve a PASS status.
Sign-In Locations at the Hospital to badge-in for pre-approved appointments are listed below:
A valid appointment and current credentials (PASS status) are required for onsite sign-in.
|Facility Name||Sign-In Location|
|Russell Hospital||Information Desk – Main Street|
|McWane Building||Information Desk – Main Street|
|Materials Management Office||1st Floor Lee Building - 1620 4th Avenue South|
|Children's of Alabama - South (Acton Road)||Registration Desk|