Since our beginning in 1911, nurses at Children’s of Alabama have been committed to providing safe, quality care to the children and families of Alabama. Nurses touch the lives of around 634,000 outpatients and 14,000 inpatients with children coming from every county in Alabama and from 47 other states.
Our nurses are focused on:
- Participation in nationally recognized collaboratives to improve the care delivery system of pediatric patients
- Reducing medical errors and keeping patients safe throughout their hospital stay
- Continuing education to focus on Evidence Based Practice
- Community education to improve health disparities throughout the state
- Shared Governance to promote professional decision making at the staff level
I hope you find this page informative and inspiring as you explore the many aspects of nursing at Children’s of Alabama.
Andrew Loehr DNP, RN, CPNP
Chief Nursing Officer, VP Nursing