Please Note: We are no longer accepting applications. Applications will reopen January 1st, 2024.
Volunteering at Children's of Alabama
We thank you for your interest in volunteering at Children’s of Alabama (COA). There are many volunteer opportunities within the hospital that may be of interest to you. We are accepting applications for teens 16 and older with parental permission; college students; and adults.
Should you be interested in becoming a COA volunteer please note the following:
- All volunteers must complete a minimum of 48 hours (three-hour shifts, once per week, for 16 weeks) for any volunteer assignment.
- Weeknight and Weekend positions are very limited
Below are the steps you will need to complete to become a volunteer
- Submit application
- Submit documentation of your immunizations. This can most likely be obtained from your local Health Department; or, if you are a student, at your school. We must have proof that you have received the following:
- Two MMR Vaccines
- Two Varicella Vaccines
- TDAP Vaccine:
- If you are 19 years of age or OLDER, you must have received ONE TDAP Vaccine since you have turned 19.
- If you are 18 years of age or YOUNGER, you must have received ONE TDAP vaccine within the past ten (10) years.
- Annual Influenza Vaccine: If you intend to volunteer during our flu season which is August 1st – March 31st
- Upon completion and submission of your application and immunizations, a volunteer coordinator will be reaching out to you to schedule an interview.
For more information about volunteer opportunities or to reach out with questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org