- Comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and therapy plan for all new patients, with ongoing disease management follow up to improve asthma control
- Interdisciplinary care team of certified asthma educators (AE-C) with expertise in personalized asthma self-management education and environmental modifications for asthma trigger avoidance
Specialized asthma care for:
- Children with severe asthma or asthma refractory to standard therapies
- Children with recurrent hospitalization and/or urgent care visits
- Children and families with unique asthma self-management education needs
- Children with comorbid conditions that contribute to difficult disease control
Appointments made by physician referral only.
For appointments call 205-638-9583.
Children with Medicaid: Request for a Specialty Clinic Appointment is required to schedule an appointment. Download the form and FAX to 205-638-2850.
Please bring all of your child’s medicines and spacer to appointments.
McWane Building (formerly Main Hospital)
Clinic 6, 1st floor Lowder Building
1600 7th Ave South
Birmingham, AL 35233
Free parking in 7th Ave Parking Deck
1940 Elmer J. Bissell Road
Birmingham, AL 35243
Free parking in surface and underground lots