We received the highest Patient-Centered Medical Home certification from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) in 2020. The NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home is a model of primary care that combines teamwork and information technology to improve care, improve patients’ experience of care and reduce costs.
UAB Pediatric Primary Care Clinic is a general pediatrics clinic with doctors, nurses, and other staff specifically trained to care for anyone from birth to 18 years old. We are affiliated with University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Pediatrics and Children's of Alabama, and our team is dedicated to providing the best healthcare for your child. Routine well-child check-ups with vaccines and same-day sick visits are available. We are located one block from Children's of Alabama and have access to all sub-specialists for referrals.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
How to Make Appointments
Frequently Asked Questions
Directions to Primary Care Clinic
New Patient Forms (PDF)
Primary Care Clinic
1601 4th Avenue South
Children's Park Place Clinic
Suite G60 (Ground floor)
8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
This portal can be accessed 24/7 from any computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Our Patient Portal features include:
- Communicate with your doctor
- Get answers to your medical questions from the comfort of your own home
- Access your test results
- No more waiting for a phone call or letter – view your results and your doctor's comments within days
- Request prescription refills
- Send a refill request for any of your refillable medications
- Manage your appointments
- Schedule your next appointment, or view details of your past and upcoming appointments
For general or technical questions about our patient portal, contact our patient portal support team at 205-638-5580 or email COAPatientPortal@childrensal.org.
Representatives will be available to assist you Monday through Friday.
- Routine well-child check-ups with vaccines
- Same-day sick visits (for established patients)
- On-call after hours physician access by phone
- Access to interpreters
- Access to all sub-specialist at Children’s Hospital
- FREE covered parking
- Access to lab and Radiology department
- Access to top rated board certified pediatricians in Birmingham
Please arrive 30 minutes earlier than your appointment time.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance cards
- A list of prescriptions and over the counter medication
- Outside medical records
*A parent or guardian must be present for all patient appointments.
The doctors (residents) at Primary Care Clinic are physicians receiving additional training to be pediatricians. They are all directly supervised by board certified pediatricians (attendings). Each child has their own doctor and we encourage all families to schedule check-ups and follow-up appointments with your doctor, who has clinic once a week. Our doctors also care for newborns delivered at UAB Women and Infants Center. When the resident doctors complete their training (3-4 years), another doctor will continue care of your child. We are honored to be your medical home. Your child is our top priority and we are dedicated to providing high quality care and training.
Common Pediatric Infectious Diseases - Alabama Regional Center for Infection Prevention & Control, Training and Technical Assistance (ARCIPC)
Water Safety (PDF)
VAX 2 STOP CANCER