COVID-19 has affected all aspects of our daily lives. Our priority during this time is to keep our patients, families and staff safe. We have implemented telehealth visits in Clinic 8 (Hematology and Oncology).
1. If you have an appointment or need an appointment what are your options?
- Your healthcare provider may have reached out to you and changed your in- person clinic visit. We are working to expand the availability of telehealth (video/phone) appointments. Our clinic is open for in-person care that cannot be provided virtually. Please feel free to call 205-638-9285 with any questions. We appreciate your patience.
2. What is a telehealth (video/phone) visit?
- A telehealth visit is similar to an in-person appointment with your child's provider. During the visit, you will talk about your current health concerns and learn what to do.
- Your provider will use a secure and HIPAA compliant video-based platform to talk with you by computer, tablet or smartphone.
- You will receive an email including a consent form to sign electronically and appointment details.
3. What technology is needed for a telehealth appointment?
- To participate in a video visit you will need a smartphone, computer or tablet.
- An internet connection (video visits may use a lot of data, similar to streaming a video)
- An email address
- Phone visits are possible, but we would like to see your child. Please know we will work with you.
4. Instructions Before Your Appointment:
- We are using Zoom for video and phone appointments. We will email instructions to download the free software. Please create a Zoom account using the same email address you provided the telehealth coordinator.
- Once your appointment has been scheduled, you will receive a link by email to participate in your health appointment. If you don't receive, be sure to check your spam folder. A reminder text will be sent a few days before the appointment.
- When it is time for your appointment, we suggest clicking on the meeting link 5 minutes before the appointment to check your connection and enter the virtual "waiting room".
- Call the office if you need any assistance 205-638-9285.
- Your provider will also ask for an alternate contact number to reach you, just in case you get disconnected during the appointment.
- The patient should be present and visible for the appointment.
- Please have a list of medications and any notes you would like to discuss with your doctor.
- If you are no longer able to make the appointment time, please remember to call the office to cancel and reschedule.