Family Centered Care
As a leader in the delivery of pediatric health care, Children's of Alabama is committed to ensuring the safe delivery of quality care for you and your family. It is important to us that you as a patient and family member participate in the delivery of care and become a member of our family centered care team.
What you should expect?
When your child or family member is having a specimen collected for testing i.e. blood, urine, stool etc.
- The person collecting the specimen should always introduce themselves.
- Explain the procedure and purpose for their visit
- ALWAYS check your child's armband to ensure they properly identify
- ALWAYS allow you the opportunity to participate and ask questions
What you should do when your child is having a specimen collected?
- Ask questions if you don't understand
- Ask questions if you want more information
- Ask questions if you didn't have the same understanding regarding the specimen collection
If we don't meet the expectation above ask the person who they are, ask why they are there and ALWAYS ask them to check your child's armband.