University of Kansas , Pediatric (2014)
University of Aleppo School of Medicine, Syria (2009)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas Children’s Hospital , Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (2017)
University of Florida, Shands Children’s Hospital , Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Medicine (2018)
Honors and Awards
- Best Abstract Award; “New Frontiers in Pediatric Critical Care” Joint Conference American Academy of Pediatric Section on Critical Care & Pediatric Critical Care Colloquium AAP SOCC & PCCC, Chicago, September 2017
- Pediatric Resident Scholarly Activity Award. University of Kansas School of Medicine. 06/2014.
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society, member
- Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Consortium, member
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, member
- American Academy of Pediatrics, fellow
- American College of Healthcare Executives, member
- Asfari A , Hock K, Byrnes JW, Borasino S, Halloran B, Mobley J, Ambalavanan Biomarkers for Adverse Lung Injury Following Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Critical Care Explorations. CCE-D-21-00332. DOI: accepted July, 2021
- Asfari A, Clark MG, Hock KM, Huskey JL, Dabal RJ, Borasino S. Early Versus Late Sternal Closure in Infants- Perioperative Associations and Outcomes. World Journal of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, accepted May, 2021.
- Asfari A, Dent J, Corken D, Herington D, Kaliki K, Sra N, Hefley G, Pasala S, Prodhan P, Ware J. Platelet glycoprotein VI haplotype and the presentation of paediatric sepsis. Journal of Thrombosis and Haematosis. November 23, 2018; DOI https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0038-1676794.ISSN 0340-6245.
- Asfari A; Ahmed M; Edwards LR; Irby K; Agarwal A; Pasala S; Prodhan P; Frazier B; Sanders Jr. RC. Survival from Septic Shock Secondary to Disseminated Group a Streptococcal Infection after Central Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Journal of Child Science. September 2017; JCS-D-17-00034R1
- Asfari A, Nutovits Y, Lopez-Colon D, Philip J, Bleiweis M. The impact of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support on survival in pediatric patients after congenital cardiac surgery: review of our experience. World Journal of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery , March, 2019