- Residency: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Residency: University of Tennessee Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, Memphis, Tenn.
- Residency: Children's of Alabama
- Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics: Pediatrics (1970)
Dr. Simpson joined Vestavia Pediatrics in 1990. For the first 15years of his career, Dr. “John” practiced alongside his father, Dr. “David” Simpson, who co-founded Vestavia Pediatrics in 1972. Dr. John Simpson is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of The University of Alabama and attended medical school at The University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham. His residency experience includes training at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and The University of Tennessee Le Bonheur Children’s Medical Center in Memphis, Tennessee, as well as The Children’s Hospital of Alabama in Birmingham. He is a board certified pediatrician and a fellow of The American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Simpson and his wife, Deborah, reside in Homewood and are the proud parents of four boys. Dr. Simpson’s interests beyond medicine include music, gardening, overseas mission work, and enjoying whatever sport or musical group in which his children participate.