The speech-language pathology division of The Charity League Speech and Hearing Center is dedicated to helping each child reach his or her communication potential. Our speech-language pathologists have extensive knowledge in many areas related to a child’s speech, language, cognition, and feeding/swallowing abilities. These professionals not only evaluate, but also treat patients in regularly scheduled therapy settings.
Our speech-language pathology division works closely with other specialty clinics at Children’s of Alabama including: Aerodigestive Program, Cleft and Craniofacial Center, Concussion Clinic, ENT, Medical Autism Clinic, and Rehabilitation Medicine.
We provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment in the following areas:
- Auditory-Verbal Therapy
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Language Processing
- Modified Barium Swallow (MBS)
- Oral-Motor and Feeding
- Pragmatic Language
- Receptive and Expressive Language
- Resonance Disorders (Velopharyngeal Dysfunction) including difficulties secondary to Cleft Lip and Palate
- Voice Disorders including vocal cord dysfunction and psychogenic cough