- Residency: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Medical School: Loma Linda University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Medical University of South Carolina
- Internship: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- American Board of Pediatrics: Pediatrics (1991)
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Cardiology: Pediatric Cardiology (1994)
Dr. Lau is Professor and Director of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology. Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs Clinical areas of interest include pediatric cardiology, cardiac electrophysiology, pediatric electrophysiology, arrhythmia management with catheter ablation, pacing and device, congenital heart disease in children and adults.