- Residency: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Medical School: University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Internship: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology: Neurology (2022)
- American Board of Pediatrics: Pediatrics (1998)
Dr. Ness is an Associate Professor of Pediatric Neurology and Neurobiology and Director of the Center for Pediatric Onset Demyelinating Disease Clinic. Dr. Ness received her medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine with additional training at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Ness's research areas of interest are pediatric demyelinating disorders, including multiple sclerosis, transverse myelitis, optic neuritis and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, as well as cell death pathways in neonatal hypoxia-ischemia and outcome following neonatal brain injury.