Clinic 8 (outpatient) hours of operation 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Children’s Rehabilitation Services hours of operation 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
For life-threatening emergencies, dial 911
For urgent calls, dial 205-638-9285
- During regular office hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.):
- Press “3” and ask for the Hematology Nurse
- CRS patients call 205-638-5900
- After hours (Evenings/Weekends/or Holidays):
- Press “9” and ask for the Hematology Physician On-Call. Please use this after-hours line for emergencies only.
When to call 911:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Severe injuries to the head, spine, eyes, neck, throat or abdomen.
- Vomiting blood
- Mental confusion/lethargy
When to call the nurse:
- Temperature of 101 if your child has a port
- Painful/swollen joints or refusal to use or bear weight
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop within 20–30 mins with pressure or treatment
- Bruising that is concerning, red, warm to touch and tender
- Crying that is inconsolable
- Mouth bleeding that continues to ooze
- Blood in urine, stool or vomit