Appointment line: 205-934-3460
- There is a family lounge located outside the unit. An ice/water machine, refrigerator, microwave, and eating area are available in the waiting area for your convenience. Nourishment rooms within CVICU are for patients only and are accessed by CVICU staff only.
- Sleeper sofas are available in the patient room for the parents/guardians to sleep.
- Your child is not permitted to sleep on the couch with the parent or guardian. The parent/guardian is not permitted to sleep in the bed with the child.
- Additional sleep surfaces are not permitted in the patient room; this includes air mattresses or cots.
- Personal belongings need to be limited to the parent storage area. The staff must be able to quickly get to your child and equipment at all times.
- Showers are available in the patient room. Please bring your own toiletries.
- Please remain fully clothed at all times, including exiting the bathroom, to avoid uncomfortable or embarrassing situations as patient care will continue 24 hours a day.
- For safety and cleaning purposes, personal belongings and the sleeper sofa must be put away by 8:00 AM.