General Grief Resources
Bereaved Parent Resources
The Amelia Center provides counseling for individuals and couples who have experienced a pregnancy or infant loss.
- Pregnancy and Newborn Loss
- The mission of Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc. is to serve those whose lives are touched by the tragic death of a baby through pregnancy loss, stillbirth or in the first few months of life.
- Baby Steps Memorial 5K and Fun Run (www.babystepsal.org)
- The Nicholas and Hodge families founded and continue to organize the Baby Steps Memorial Run each year to support The Amelia Center at Children's of Alabama. The Baby Steps Memorial Run allows us the opportunity to bring many families together and set aside a day to remember and honor our loved ones. This is a day of celebration and a day for families to know they are not alone on their grief journey. Although our children are no longer with us, the impact of their short lives are exhibited throughout the race. We have built new relationships with many grieving families and are there to support each other when we need it most. Together we are taking BABY STEPS to mend broken hearts.
- Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance (www.plida.org)
- The Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance (PLIDA) has a unique purpose: to provide a formal network and a unified international presence to increase awareness and education focused on the emotional experiences and needs of bereaved families.
Preparing Children for the Death of a Loved One