Univ of Alabama at Birmingham - Adolescent Medicine
Substance Use in Adolescents, Eating Disorders
General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
American Academy of Pediatrics, Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine, American Society of Addiction Medicine
Honors and Awards
1. UAB Pediatric Subspecialty Community Service Award (2016);
2. Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society;
3. Rebecca Socolar Children's Champion for Advocacy in Pediatrics, UNC Pediatrics May 2011
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. Savage RJ, King VL, Clark CB, Cropsey KL. Factors Associated with Early Marijuana Initiation in a Criminal Justice Population. Addict Behav. 2017; 64: 82-88. doi: 10.1016/j.addbeh.2016.08.005.
2. Savage RJ, Durant NH, Clark CB, Nair P, Cropsey KL. The adverse effects of motherhood on substance use treatment program outcomes among adolescent women. J Addict Med. 2015; 9 (6): 478-84. DOI: 10.1097/ADM.0000000000000165.
3. Savage R, Reese J, Wallace S, Wang T, Jester T, Lowe R, Hyndman L, Durant, N. Overcoming Challenges to Care in the Juvenile Justice System: A Case Study and Commentary. Pediatrics in Review. Jan 2017, 38 (1) 35-43; DOI: 10.1542/pir.2016-0066.