Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Neonatal Advanced Life Support, Basic Life Support, Institute for Healthcare Improvement Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
National American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Pediatrics-Alabama Chapter
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. Jones N, White ML, Tofil N, Pickens M, Youngblood A, Zinkan JL, Baker M. Randomized trial comparing two mass casualty triage systems in a simulated pediatric mass casualty incident. January/March 2014 issue of Prehospital Emergency Care. PMID 24601857.
2. Cohen C, Pickens M, Kaylani SZ. Cat-Scratch Disease Presenting as Thrombocytopenia and Lymphadenopathy. Consultant for Pediatricians. 2013;12(5):212-214.
3. White M, Murray K, Pickens M, Niebauer J, Smola C, Tofil N. High-fidelity cross cover simulation course to improve resident documentation. Academic Pediatrics. 2011;11(4): e8.
4. Jones NE, White M, Tofil N, Pickens M, Youngblood A, Zinkan L, Baker M. Randomized trial comparing two mass casualty triage systems in simulated pediatric mass casualty incident. The Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2011;59(2):486.
5. Pickens M, Allison D, Kim Y, Thomas O, Durant N. WALKFIT: The efficacy of moderate intensity exercise in promotion of weight loss and prevention of weight gain in young, African American women. Poster presented at: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases Medical Student Research Symposium 2009; Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.