Shriners Burns Institute, Galveston, Texas, Clinical/Pediatric Psychology; University of Alabama at Birmingham, Sparks Clinics, Pediatric Neuropsychology
Chronic medical illness; Functional Disorders
American Psychological Association; Alabama Psychological Association
Honors and Awards
C.J. Rosecrans Psychology Training Award (2011, 2015)
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. Marullo, DS & Reynolds, N (2016). Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms & Comorbid Psychological Factors in Children: The Interplay Between Psychology and Medicine. Presented at Columbus Regional Health Pediatric Ground Rounds, September 8, 2016, Columbus, Georgia.
2. Madan-Swain, A, & Marullo, DS (2016). Topics in Pediatrics: From the Hospital to the Community. Presented at the 32nd Annual Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity, April 25-26, 2016, Hawai’i Convention Center, Honolulu, Hawai’i.
3. Marullo, DS, Madan-Swain, A, & Barnes, MJ (2015). Health Transitions in Pediatrics. Presented at Alabama Psychological Association 2015 Annual Convention, June 5-7, 2015, Orange Beach, Alabama.
4. Gordon, A.S., Tofil, N., Marullo, D., & Blount, J.P. (2014). Bihemispheric gunshot wounds: Survival and long-term neuropsychological follow-up of three siblings. Child’s Nervous System, 30(9).
5. Malee, KM, Mellins, CA, Huo, Y, Tassiopoulos, K, Smith, R, Sirois, PA, Allison, SM, Kacanek, D, Kapetanovic, S, Williams, PL, Grant, ML, Marullo, D, & Aidala, AA for the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Cohort Study (PHACS) (2014). Prevalence, Incidence, and Persistence of Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorders Among Mothers Living with HIV. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, 65( 5), April 15, 2014, 526-534.