1. Ammar Saadoon, Namasivayam Ambalavanan, Kurt Zinn, Ambika P. Ashraf, Mark MacEwen, Teodora Nicola, Michelle V. Fanucchi, William T. Harris. Effect of Prenatal versus Postnatal Vitamin D Deficiency on Pulmonary Structure and Function in Mice. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology. 2017 Mar;56(3):383-392. doi: 10.1165/rcmb.2014-0482OC.
2. Ammar A Saadoon, MD, FAAP, Ibrahim Janahi, MD. Spontaneous pneumomediastinum in children and adolescents. October 3, 2018. UpToDate, Rose, BD (Ed), UpToDate,
3. A. Saadoon, W. T. Harris, M. Fanucchi, N. Ambalavanan, M. MacEwen, K. Zinn. Ultrasound and Tracheobronchial Casting: Novel Techniques to Study Tracheal Development in Murine Models of Respiratory Disease. ATS- San Diego – California – May 2014. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 189;2014:A3578
4. A. Saadoon, W. Hoover, H. Gutierrez. Unusual Cause of Progressive Relentless Non-Cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis in a Child. ATS- San Diego – California – May 2014. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 189;2014: A4672.
5. A. Saadoon, et al. Baseline Exhaled Nitric Oxide Level in Cystic Fibrosis Patients with I1234V Mutation Is Lower Than Normal and Affected by Gender and Airway Microbiome - ATS- San Diego – California – May 2014
Dr. Saadoon Alishlash is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Saadoon Alishlash's interests include studying the factors that affect lung development in children. His laboratory also investigates the pulmonary complications of sickle cell disease, pulmonary hypertension in children, effects of vitamin D deficiency on lung structure and function. He also has multiple publications about pediatric asthma, exhaled nitric oxide, cystic fibrosis microbiome, flexible bronchoscopy and pneumomediastinum in children. He is also actively involved in the education of medical students, pediatric residents and pediatric pulmonary fellows.
His other interest include: general pediatric pulmonary care, chronic cough, asthma, technology dependent respiratory conditions and cystic fibrosis.