The Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders boasts a U.S. Government-recognized Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Center offering diagnostic, therapeutic and educational services to all children with bleeding and clotting disorders.
And thanks to excellent cooperation between surgical and hematology personnel, 98 percent of children with bleeding disorders who undergo surgery at Children’s of Alabama experience no bleeding complications.
Research focuses include sickle cell disease, bleeding disorders and a rare group of disorders known as Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. Through UAB’s membership in the Histiocyte Society, our staff has access to the latest international treatments for this difficult group of disorders.
Our physician scientists have made great progress toward improved therapies, fewer complications and, in some cases, a cure for serious blood disorders. Their ongoing commitment is nothing short of finding a total cure.
- Pediatric Oncology (Childhood and Young Adult Cancer)
- Pediatric Hematology (Blood Diseases, including Sickle Cell Disease)
- Neuro-Oncology (Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors)
- Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program
- Developmental Therapeutics Program
- Hope and Cope Psychosocial Program
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Fellowship Training Program