The goal of Physicians To Children is to provide quality infant, child and adolescent health care to families. Our purpose as pediatricians is to help you develop the kind of skills you will want to have to care for your child and to help him or her develop into a healthy and able adult. In doing so, our hope is that you will reap greater pleasure from the many satisfactions of parenthood. The more familiar you are with the fine points of growth, development, and child care, the more easily you will be able to understand and communicate with your child and fewer will be the difficulties.
We accept and are providers for most major insurance policies including:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
- United Health Care
Due to high practice volumes, our Medicaid panel is currently closed to new patients except for siblings of current patients and current patients that have switched to Medicaid.
When you make your first appointment with Physicians to Children, you will need to speak with our business office to verify that we take your insurance. If you have any questions about your insurance or your coverage, please contact our business office or your insurance company.
Our primary interest at Physicians To Children is in taking care of your child. However, we must enforce our payment/financial policy in order to continue to provide your child the best care possible.
- We will routinely accept and file claims with most insurances. However, ensuring that your account is fully paid will be your obligation.
- Office visit fees/copays/deductibles are due and payable at the time service is rendered. You will be expected to pay for your co-pay/deductibles and payment for non-covered services at the time of your visit. We accept cash, personal checks, and credit/debit cards (MasterCard and Visa).
- There is $29 fee for all returned checks.
- Statements for overdue accounts are mailed monthly.
- Accounts that are overdue for more than 90 days will be considered for outside collections.
- Please notify our business office if you need to make special financial arrangements.
- Please notify us immediately if your insurance changes so that we may properly file your claims.
You may be eligible for financial assistance under the terms and conditions the hospital offers to qualified patients. For Children’s Financial Assistance Policy contact 1-844-750-8950 or contact the Business Office at 205-638-2722. You can also visit www.childrensal.org/financial-assistance for additional information.