Pediatric Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management
Location: Children's Lowder Building Suite 420
The physicians of Pediatric Anesthesia Associates specialize in taking care of children during the peri-operative period, as well as providing anesthesia services, pain management, and airway management in emergency cases.
The Pediatric Anesthesiologists of Children's Hospital provide the following services:
- Perioperative management of children undergoing surgical procedures
- Anesthesia and Monitored Anesthesia Care for patients undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- APASS (Anesthesia Preadmit Screening Service) - Performs preoperative evaluation to increase patient education, screens to optimize management of existing medical problems, attempts decrease of delays and cancellations on the day of surgery
- Participates in the Children's Trauma Team
- Pain Management Services - consult services including PCA (Patient Controlled Analgesia), and Continuous and/or PCA caudal and epidural analgesia
- Providing Anesthesia Services at the Children's South Outpatient Surgical Center
Visit the Pediatric Anesthesia Associates website, our partner in your child's anesthesia care here at Children's of Alabama.
Malignant Hyperthermia Association of the United States
Society of Pediatric Anesthesia
American Academy of Pediatrics
SmartTots (FDA & International Anesthesia Research Society)