Welcome to the Children's of Alabama Lactation Center. The Lactation Center, founded by the Auxiliary, serves the Hospital's inpatient and outpatient population, Children's of Alabama employees and the community at large. Our staff is here for you before and after delivery.
The Children's of Alabama Lactation Center is located on the ground floor of the McWane. We provide facilities for breastfeeding, pumping and patient consultations. The mothers' room is available 24-hours a day. The center offers a private pumping room for mother and child. Lactation Consultants are available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for consultations and both well-baby and special needs assistance. The Lactation Center is also a convenient place to buy breastfeeding related products without the hassle of making a separate trip to a crowded store. Please come by and let us help you in any way possible.
In the BRHC, a pumping/breastfeeding room is available on the 2nd floor Main Street, across from the meditation room.
- 24-hour access, 7 days a week
- One-on-one consultation with International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Both well-baby and special needs assistance
- A private, relaxing setting for mother and child
- A resource library, including materials on parenting and child development
- Informational videos on breastfeeding and breast pumps
- A breast pump rental program
- Instruction for employees and the community for breastfeeding and going back to work
- Breastfeeding education and resources for healthcare professional
Contact us at (205) 638-6600