Bruno Pediatric Heart Center CVICU and CCU Visitation Policy
Our goal is to provide the best possible care to your child. We make every effort to comfort the patient as well as the families during this challenging time. In order for us to do this, we will be monitoring your child closely 24 hours a day and need your cooperation in following these guidelines for visitation.
Occasionally physicians or charge nurses may limit, restrict, or refuse visitation when it is necessary for safe patient care, to perform procedures, or handle unit emergencies. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding when this occurs.
Patient’s Caregiver Visitation
- Parents/guardians may visit 24 hours a day
- No more than (2) parents/guardians are permitted to stay from 9:00 PM - 9:00 AM in the provided family area of the patient room. Parents/guardians must wear your green armbands at all times.
- No medical updates can be given to anyone other than parents/guardians.
- Parents/guardians may call for updates at any time except during shift change hours 6:30 - 8:30 AM and 6:30 - 8:30 PM.
- Please stay in your child’s room during shift change report. Please avoid interrupting or distracting the nursing staff during shift change report.
- To protect patient confidentiality, you will be asked to create a password to be used when updates by phone are requested. The password should be limited to (2) people (usually parents/guardians). These 2 people should be the only ones calling for updates. The designated callers should then update all other family and visitors. This limits phone calls which allows more continuous care of the patients.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to join medical rounds which start between 8:30 - 9:00 AM.
Friends and Families
- General visitation for friends and all family including siblings is from 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM.
- No more than 4 visitors are allowed at the bedside at a time including parents/guardians. Visitors may change out as needed.
- No more than 2 siblings may visit at a time with parents/guardians.
- All visitors must wear hospital issued ID’s.
- All visitors must stay in the family waiting area during shift change 6:30 - 8:30 AM and 6:30 - 8:30 PM.
- Visitation may be closed based on patient acuity. The physician, charge nurse, or parents/guardians may also choose to close or limit visitation.
Children under 14 years of age
Must be supervised by an adult at all times. If the child becomes disruptive, you will be asked to take them from the patient room and to the family waiting area.