The UAB Division of Pediatric Hematology provides diagnosis and treatment of pediatric patients with bleeding disorders. In partnership with Children’s Rehabilitation Services, our dedicated team provides medical care for patients diagnosed with Von Willebrand and factor deficiencies in the Alabama Hemophilia Treatment Center. We offer a full range of services to diagnose and treat your child. Our goal is to provide education and resources to help you gain confidence and knowledge to better face the challenges of learning to live with a bleeding disorder. We look forward to working with you to create a treatment plan, just for your child.
Bleeding Disorder Types and Diagnoses
- What is Hemophilia?
- How is Hemophilia Diagnosed and Types of Hemophilia?
- Severity Levels
- Treatment for Hemophilia
Von Willebrand Disease
- What is Von Willebrand Disease?
- How is Von Willebrand Disease Diagonosed?
- Treatment for von Willebrand Disease
- Desmopressin (DDAVP) Challenge