- Residency: University of Virginia Medical Center
- Medical School: State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY
- Fellowship: Egleston CHildren's Hospital at Emory University, GA
- Internship: University of Michigan Medical Center, Mott Children's Hospital
- American Board of Radiology (1992)
- American Board of Radiology - Pediatric Radiology (2022)
Dr. Howell joined the faculty at Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport, La., in 1996 where he was appointed Assistant Professor and Section Head of Pediatric Radiology. In 1998 he joined the faculty at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta as Assistant Professor in Radiology before joining the faculty at UAB and Children’s of Alabama in 2004. Dr. Howell is currently the Co-director of Pediatric Radiology Resident Education. Dr. Howell also serves as the CT Medical Director in the Department of Imaging at Children’s of Alabama. He is Board Certified in Pediatric Radiology from the American Board of Radiology. His area of clinical practice is pediatric imaging with special interest in pediatric CT imaging.