On August 4, 2009, Eli was seriously burned. We had been cooking with grease for over an hour at 450 degrees. Eli is a 5 year old little boy who is extremely active. As he passed through the kitchen he bumped into the pan. The grease fell down his little body melting the flesh. He had burns on his head, ear, neck, shoulder and down his arm. As the smell of burning flesh filled the air the most bone chilling scream traveled through the house! Eli was taken to a local hospital for treatment then sent to the burn unit at Children’s Hospital of AL. The medical staff was above and beyond wonderful!! His nurse was a wonderful man and a gentle giant to Eli. They were understanding with his fear and patient with his pain. With weeks of treatment and trips to the unit he has healed with two scars!! Special thanks to the nursing staff at Children’s Burn Unit in Birmingham, AL! May God richly bless each of you!!