- Residency: Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital (2009)
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio (2006)
- Fellowship: Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt (2009)
- Fellowship: University of Alabama at Birmingham (2013)
- Internship: Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital (2007)
- UnderGraduate: Westmont College (2000)
- American Board of Pediatrics: Cardiology (1970)
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Cardiology: Pediatric Cardiology (1970)
- The Joint Commission (1970)
Dr. Zaccagni’s clinical interests surround caring for critically ill pediatric patients with congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathy, and cardiovascular disease requiring intensive care. His focus is to continually improve outcomes through quality improvement research, education of clinical care team members and overseeing the team's efforts in multi institutional collaborative databases to bring best practices to critically ill patients. He also sees patients in the outpatient cardiology clinic to bring a unique perspective to the diverse ICU team.
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
- American Heart Association
- Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Consortium
- Scott A. Simpson, MD, M.S., Hayden Zaccagni MD (*co-first author), David P. Bichell, MD, Karla G. Christian, MD, Bret A. Mettler, MD, Brian S. Donahue, MD, Ph.D. , L. Jackson Roberts II, MD, Mias Pretorius, M.B.Ch.B., M.S.C.I. Acetaminophen Attenuates Lipid Peroxidation in Children Undergoing Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. 2014 July; 15(6):503-510.
- F. Bennett Pearce, MD, Waldemar F. Carlo, MD, Hayden J. Zaccagni, MD, Robert J. Dabal, MD, and
James K. Kirklin, MD. Repair of Early Posttransplant Endomyocardial Biopsy-Related Tricuspid
Regurgitation in a Child. World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery. 2015 April;6(2):295-7.
- Law MA, McMahon WS, Hock KM, Zaccagni HJ, Borasino S, Alten JA. Balloon angioplasty for the
treatment of left innominate vein obstruction related chylothorax after congenital heart surgery.
Congenit Heart Dis. 2015 Jul-Aug; E155-63.
- Hayden J Zaccagni, MD, R. Tyler Argent, BS, Ayesha S Bryant, MD, MSPH, Jeffrey A Alten, MD, David C. Cleveland, MD, Mark A Law, MD, Santiago Borasino, MD, MPH. Early Postoperative Albumin Administration Contributes to Morbidity After the Fontan Operation. Pediatric Cardiology, (2016) 37: 1278.
- Jeffrey Alten MD, AKM Fazlur Rahman PhD, Hayden J Zaccagni MD, Andrew Shin MD, David S Cooper MD MPH, Joshua J Blinder MD, Laurn Retzloff MPH, Inmaculada B Aban PhD, Eric M Graham MD, Jeffrey Zampi MD, Yuliya Domina MD, Michael Gaies MD. The epidemiology of health-care associated infections in pediatric cardiac intensive care units. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2018 August; 37(8):768-772.