- Residency: Eastern Virginia School of Medicine, Norfolk, VA
- Medical School: Medical College Virginia School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Children’s Hospital National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Internship: U.S. Public Health Service Hospital
- American Board of Radiology - Pediatric Radiology (2022)
- American Board of Radiology - Pediatric Radiology (1995)
- American Board of Radiology (1987)
Dr. Guion served as the Dare County Medical Examiner in North Carolina, and Medical Officer of Civil Air Patrol in Hatteras North Carolina from 1981-83. He was then a Clinical Instructor at Norfolk General Hospital School of Radiologic Technology, and Clinical Instructor at the Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine, both in Norfolk Virginia from 1984-86. Dr. Guion is the Medical Director of the Radiology Safety Committee and is a member of the Peer Review Committee at Children’s of Alabama. He is board certified in Pediatric Radiology from the American Board of Radiology. His area of clinical practice is pediatric imaging with special interests in pediatric neuro and trauma imaging.