The following are recalls from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
July 30, 2013
Name of Product: Bistro chairs, Hazard: The chair's metal frame can bend or break, posing a fall hazard to consumers. Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bistro chairs and contact Midwest-CBK for instructions on returning the chairs for a full refund.Consumer Contact: Midwest-CBK at (800) 394-4225 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.mwcbk.com and click Product Recall Information.
July 25, 2013
1. Kids II Recalls Baby Einstein Activity Jumpers Due to Impact Hazard; Sun Toy Can Snap Backward http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Kids-II-Recalls-Baby-Einstein-Activity-Jumpers/
2. Nan Far Woodworking Recalls Rockland Furniture Round Cribs Due to Entrapment, Suffocation and Fall Hazards; Sold Exclusively at jcpenney http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Nan-Far-Woodworking-Recalls-Rockland-Furniture-Round-Cribs/
July 17, 2013
1. Boys' Hooded Jackets Recalled by 5 Star Kids Apparel Due to Strangulation Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Boys-Hooded-Jackets-Recalled-by-5-Star-Kids-Apparel/
2. Sears Reannounces Recall of Kenmore Dehumidifiers Due to Additional Reports of Fires, Burn, Low Consumer Response Rate http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Sears-Reannounces-Recall-of-Kenmore-Dehumidifiers
3. Industrial Revolution Recalls LED Lanterns Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at REI Stores http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Industrial-Revolution-Recalls-LED-Lanterns/
4. Thermobaby Bath Seats Recalled by SCS Direct Due to Drowning Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Thermobaby-Bath-Seats-Recalled-by-SCS-Direct/
July 3, 2013
1. Angel's Touch Collections Recalls Butterfly and Shell Lamps Due to Shock and Fire Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Angels-Touch-Collections-Recalls-Butterfly-and-Shell-Lamps/
2. Toys R Us Recalls Remote-Controlled Helicopters Due to Fire and Burn Hazards http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Toys-R-Us-Recalls-Remote-Controlled-Helicopters
3. Outdoor Solutions Hammock and Sunshade Recalled by H-E-B Due to Fall Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Outdoor-Solutions-Hammock-and-Sunshade
June 27, 2013
1. Fred & Friends Recalls Baby Rattles Due to Choking Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Fred-Friends-Recalls-Baby-Rattles/
2. Swan Creek Recalls Loose Votive Candles Due to Fire Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Swan-Creek-Recalls-Loose-Votive-Candles/
3. Stile Products Recalls Tern Folding Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Stile-Products-Recalls-Tern-Folding-Bicycles/
June 19, 2013
1. BeBeLove Recalls Baby Bath Seats Due to Drowning Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/BeBeLove-Recalls-Baby-Bath-Seats
2. Buy Buy Baby Recalls Idea Baby Bath Seats Due to Drowning Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Buy-Buy-Baby-Recalls-Idea-Baby-Bath-Seats
3. Chelsea & Scott Recalls Idea Baby Bath Seats Due to Drowning Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Onestepahead.com http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Chelsea-Scott-Recalls-Idea-Baby-Bath-Seats
June 15, 2013
1. Texsport Recalls Cedar Lake Heater/Cookers Due to Fire Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Texsport-Recalls-Cedar-Lake-Heater-Cookers/
2. Stride Rite Recalls Girl's Sandals Due to Choking Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Stride-Rite-Recalls-Girls-Sandals/
May 28, 2013
1. GNU Snowboard Bindings Recalled by Mervin Manufacturing Due to Fall Hazard
2. H&M Reannounces Recall of Children's Water Bottles Due to Choking Hazard
3. Vive La Fete Recalls Children's Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
4. KTM North America Recalls KTM and Husaberg Motorcycles Due to Crash Hazard
5. Pottery Barn Kids Recalls Sweet Lambie Crib Bumpers Due to Entanglement Hazard
May 21, 2013
Lea Industries Recalls Children’s Beds Due to Fall Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Lea-Industries-Recalls-Childrens-Beds/
The side mattress support rails on panel, loft and bunk beds can break.
May 16, 2013
Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
Bean bag chairs without a permanent zipper closure allow young children to unzip, ingest or inhale the small beads inside the bean bag chair.
Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
The hoodies were sold with drawstrings, which pose a hazard to young children. http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Deezo-Childrens-Hooded-Sweatshirts-with-Drawstrings-Recalled-by-Zulily/
April 25, 2013
1. The Land of Nod Recalls Plush Dollies Due to Choking Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/The-Land-of-Nod-Recalls-Plush-Dollies/
2. 3T Design Recalls Cervélo Bicycles with Aura Pro Handlebars Due to Risk of Injury http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/3T-Design-Recalls-Cervelo-Bicycles-with-Aura-Pro-Handlebars/
April 24, 2013
1. Reed and Barton Recalls Gingham Bunny Forks and Spoons for Babies Due to Choking and Ingestion Hazards. Name of Product: Gingham Bunny forks and spoons for babies; Hazard: The pink coloring on the bunny's ears can come off, posing choking and ingestion hazards to babies.
Consumer Contact: Reed and Barton Corp., at (800) 343-1383 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.reedandbarton.com and click on Recall Information in the gray box at the bottom of the page.
2. Children's Apparel Network Recalls Girl's Clothing Sets; Waist Belt Poses Risk of Entrapment. Name of Product: Girl's Three-Piece Clothing Sets. Hazard: The vest sold with these sets has a belt at the waist that could become snagged or caught in small spaces or vehicle doors and it poses an entanglement hazard.
Consumer Contact: Children's Apparel Network at (800) 919-1917 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.childrensapparelnetwork.com and click on "PRESS."
April 18, 2013
1. Infant and Children's Dungarees Recalled by J.P. Boden Due to Choking Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Infant-and-Children's-Dungarees-Recalled-by-J.P.-Boden
2. Classic Characters Recalls Infant Socks Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Classic-Characters-Recalls-Infant-Socks
3. Trident Diving Equipment Recalls High-Pressure Scuba Diving Air Hoses Due to Drowning Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Trident-Diving-Equipment-Recalls-High-Pressure-Scuba-Diving-Air-Hoses
April 17, 2013
1. Gerbings Recalls Heated Jacket Liners Due to Burn Hazard. Consumer Contact: Gerbings LLC; toll-free at (877) 242-5595 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET, Harley-Davidson(r) at (800) 258-2464 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.gerbing.com and click on the Recalls & Warnings link for more information.
April 16, 2013
1. Small World Toys Recalls Spin-A-Mals Farm and Safari Puzzles Due to Choking Hazard. Small World Toys at (800) 421-4153 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, e-mail email@example.com, or online at www.smallworldtoys.com, then click on "Recall" for more information.
2. Huffy Recalls Slider Tricycles Due to Loss of Control Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Toys R Us. Consumer Contact: Huffy toll-free at (888) 366-3828 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.huffybikes.com and click on "Product Recall" on the bottom of the page.
April 4, 2013
1. Dynacraft Recalls Urban Shredder Ride-On Toys Due to Fall Hazard
Recall Date: April 4, 2013
Recall Number: 13-162
March 27, 2013
1. West Music Recalls Egg-Shaker Toy Instruments Due to Choking and Aspiration Hazards, http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/West-Music-Recalls-Egg-Shaker-Toy-Instruments/
2. PT Domusindo Perdana Recalls Drop-Side Cribs Due to Entrapment and Suffocation Hazards; Sold Exclusively at JC Penney, http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/PT-Domusindo-Perdana-Recalls-Drop-Side-Cribs/
3. WRSI Recalls Kayaking and Rafting Helmets Due to Head Injury Hazard, http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/WRSI-Recalls-Kayaking-and-Rafting-Helmets/
4. 3M Recalls Filtrete Room Air Purifiers Due to Fire Hazard, http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/3M-Recalls-Filtrete-Room-Air-Purifiers/
March 13, 2013
Toys R Us Recalls Imaginarium Activity Walker Due to Choking Hazard
Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Recall date: March 13, 2013
Recall number: 13-139
Name of product: Imaginarium Activity Walkers
Hazard: The small bolt and spacer that attaches each front wheel to the walker can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Remedy: Consumers should stop using the recalled walker immediately, put it out of reach of young children and return it to a Toys R Us store for a full refund or store credit.
Consumer Contact: Toys R Us at (800) 869-7787 from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, or visit the firm's website at www.toysrus.com and click on Safety Information and Recalls for more information.
In conjunction with Health Canada (http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2013/25955r-eng.php)
Units: About 9,000
Description: The recalled Imaginarium Activity Walkers have a round wooden push handle on the top of a curved triangle-shaped wooden walker base with four wheels. There is a multi-colored metal xylophone with 2 triangle mallets, 1 multi-colored abacus and 1 scratch noise maker on the front of the walker. The walkers have multi-colored wooden, disc-shaped wheels. The walkers measure about 19 inches tall and about 13 inches wide. The recalled walkers have model number "Toys 'R' Us 5F5E972" printed on the bottom of the activity walkers. Barcode number "3700217300319" is printed on the bottom of the activity walker box.
Incidents/Injuries: Toys R Us has received five reports of the front wheels detaching. No injuries have been reported.
Sold exclusively at: Toys R Us stores nationwide and online at www.toysrus.com from August 2011 through January 2013 for about $30.
Importer: Toys R Us Inc., of Wayne, N.J.
Manufactured in: China
March 8, 2013
1. The Pampered Chef Recalls Garlic Slicers Due to Laceration Hazard, http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/The-Pampered-Chef-Recalls-Garlic-Slicers/
2. U.S. Divers Recalls Youth Snorkeling Mask Sets Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Costco, http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/US-Divers-Recalls-Youth-Snorkeling-Mask-Sets/
3. U.S. Divers and Aqua Lung Sport Brand Youth Snorkeling Masks Recalled Due to Laceration Hazard, http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/US-Divers-and-Aqua-Lung-Sport-Brand-Youth-Snorkeling-Masks-Recalled/