Specialty Care Clinics—Clinics 1-11 located in McWane Building (formerly Main Hospital) 1600 7th Avenue South | Birmingham, AL 35233
- Clinic 1: Undergoing renovation
- Clinic 2: Hearing and Speech
- Clinic 3: Undergoing renovation
- Clinic 4: ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat)
- Clinic 5: Neurology and Infusion
- Clinic 6: Pulmonary Medicine and Gynecology
- Clinic 7: Nephrology, Infectious Diseases, Medical Autism, and Kidney and Liver Transplant
- Clinic 8: Hematology / Oncology
- Clinic 9: Dental Clinic
- Clinic 10: Gastroenterology
- Clinic 11: Orthopedic and Rehab Medicine (McWane, 2nd floor)
- Clinic 12: Heart Transplant Clinic (Lowder, 2nd floor)
- Clinic 14: General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Genetics, Burn Center, Cleft and Craniofacial Clinic, Audiology (McWane, ground floor)
- Clinic 15: Urology, Neurosurgery and Spina Bifida Clinic (McWane, ground floor)
- Primary Care
- Dialysis (McWane, 2nd floor)
- Sports Medicine (Lowder, 4th floor)
- Children’s Behavioral Health (Lowder 5th floor)
What to Bring to an Appointment
- Doctor’s name(s)
- Insurance card
- Co-payment for insurance, if applicable
- List of child’s medication(s)
- List of questions you may have for the doctor or nurse
- Books or games
- Snacks or formula (Please do not bring food if your child must not have anything to eat or drink before the appointment.)
Insurance and demographic (address, phone number, etc.) information is confirmed at every visit.
Permission to Treat
At least one parent or legal guardian must accompany all minor patients. If someone
other than a legal guardian or parent will accompany your child, please ensure you
provide them with a written, signed “Permission to Treat” slip. Please include the name
of the person who will accompany your child as well as their relationship to your child
in the permission slip.
- Please make sure you have a referral from your Primary Care Physician before the specialty visit, if this is required by your insurance. Know the services your insurance plan covers so that you can prepare for and be involved in the care of your child at Children’s of Alabama.
- You may receive more than one bill for the care provided to your child at Children’s of Alabama. The bill you receive from Children’s of Alabama will not include the doctor’s fee or reading fee for any x-ray or lab work. If you have questions about your Children’s bill, please call: 205-638-5600 or 844-750-8950.
One parent may park in the 7th Avenue Deck or the 5th Avenue Deck at no charge. The rates are $1 for up to an hour, $2 for up to two hours, $3 for up to three hours, $4 for up to four hours and $5 for more than four but less than 24 hours. The cost of getting out of the deck without a validated ticket is $25. Have your parking ticket validated at one of the Clinics or Information Desks. You can pay at one of the kiosks located on Main Street near the 5th Ave and 7th Ave Crosswalk.
When exiting the parking deck, insert your ticket stub into the kiosk at the exit gate. When your ticket has been paid or validated the gate arm will rise, allowing you to drive out of the parking deck.
The parking machines do not rely or recognize green arm bands. PARKING TICKETS MUST BE VALIDATED OR PAID.
Click here for driving directions.
While You're Here
Children's offers a variety of services to help make your stay with us a little easier. Please visit the first floor of the hospital to take advantage of these amenities. Services include the Gift Shop, Cafeteria, Information Desk, ATM, etc. A Regions Bank ATM is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day in the Main Lobby. It is located behind the Information Desk and is in the hallway leading to the cafeteria. The Cafeteria is open from 6:30 - 10 a.m., 11 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 - 7 p.m. everyday. Wagons are also available in the main lobby to help with transporting patients and their equipment. The hospital also provides free Wi-Fi Internet Acces