American Psychological Association; Southeastern Psychological Association; Association for Behavior Analysis International; International Society for Autism Research
Honors and Awards
Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND), Nashville, TN, September 2015-2016 Vanderbilt University, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center ; Psychology Department Outstanding Graduate Student Award Recipient, University of South Alabama (2011)
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. INTERVENTION FOR PATIENTS WITH AUTISM, WITH AN EMPHASIS ON BEHAVIORAL PARENT TRAINING April 21, 2018: Birmingham, AL • Developed and presented information to providers at the Alabama Psychiatric Physicians Association (APPA) spring conference on therapeutic intervention in Autism with an emphasis on behavioral parent training.
2. Community Education Workshops August 15, 2017- present: Birmingham, AL Children’s Behavioral Health-Ireland Center, UAB Civitan Sparks Clinics, COA Department of Pediatrics, Autism Society of Alabama, and Alabama Regional Autism Network • Developed and presented information to caregivers of youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders, described how the content is related to the core symptoms of ASD, and how to use Applied Behavior Analytic techniques to improve the success of their child. o DEVELOPING SUCCESSFUL SLEEP HABITS IN YOUTH WITH ASD (August 2017 and September 2018) o TOILET TRAINING (September 2017 and November 2018)
3. Autism Spectrum Caregiver Workshops February 7, 2018- present: Birmingham, AL Children’s Behavioral Health-Ireland Center • Developed and presented information to caregivers of youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders, described how the content is related to the core symptoms of ASD, and how to use Applied Behavior Analytic techniques to improve the success of their child. o WHAT IS AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (February 2018) o VISUAL SUPPORTS AND STRATEGIES: INCREASING SUCCESS AT HOME AND IN THE COMMUNITY (April 2018) o IMPROVING SOCIAL SKILLS FOR YOUR CHILD WITH AUTISM (June 2018) o IMPROVING MEALTIME ROUTINES (July 2018) o INCREASING COGNITIVE AND BEHAVIORAL FLEXIBILITY IN YOUR CHILD WITH AUTISM (August 2018)
4. Bauman, S., Lamport, D., and Zlomke, K. (2015). Adolescents’ perceptions of parenting behavior: Validation of the Alabama Parenting Questionnaire: Adolescent self report. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 1-11.
5. Zlomke, K., Lamport, D., Bauman, S., Garland, B., and Talbot, B. (2014). Parenting adolescents: Examining the factor structure of the Alabama Parenting Questionnaire for adolescents. The Journal of Child and Family Studies, 1-7.