Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA. - Pediatrics
Children's Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA., Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA), Access to Healthcare, Health Care, Health Care Dispanities
Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Children's Oncology Group, ASCO, ASH, Academy Health
Honors and Awards
ASH Clinical Research Training Award, Fellow Teacher of the Year, Children's Hospital Los Angeles (2007), Okun Award for the Medical Humanities, UF College of Medicine (2002), Millenium Minds Medical Student, Independent Florida Alligator (2002), Community Service Award, UF College of Medicine (19999-2000).
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. Impact of treatment site in adolescents and young adults with central nervous system tumors. Wolfson J, Sun CL, Kang T, Wyatt L, D'Appuzzo M, Bhatia S. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014 Sep 1;106(8):dju166. doi: 10.1093/jnci/dju166. Print 2014 Aug.
2. Piecing together the puzzle of disparities in adolescents and young adults. Wolfson JA. Cancer. 2015 Apr 15;121(8):1168-71. doi: 10.1002/cncr.29193. Epub 2014 Dec 9.
3. Sickle cell disease in California: sociodemographic predictors of emergency department utilization. Wolfson JA, Schrager SM, Khanna R, Coates TD, Kipke MD. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012 Jan;58(1):66-73. doi: 10.1002/pbc.22979. Epub 2011 Feb 25.
4. Sickle-cell disease in California: a population-based description of emergency department utilization. Wolfson JA, Schrager SM, Coates TD, Kipke MD. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 Mar;56(3):413-9. doi: 10.1002/pbc.22792. Epub 2010 Nov 24.
5. Health care reform 2010: expected favorable impact on childhood cancer patients and survivors. Wolfson J, Ruccione K, Reaman GH. Cancer J. 2010 Nov-Dec;16(6):554-62. doi: 10.1097/PPO.0b013e3181feee83. Review.