University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, general surgery
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA pediatric surgerySt. Christopher's Hospital for Children
pediatric surgical oncology
Board Certified general surgery and pediatric surgery
FACS, FAAP, APSA, SUS, Southern Surgical, American Surgical
Honors and Awards
Women Who Shape the State (2016), Top Doctors in Birmingham (2015-2017)
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. Regulates focal adhesion kinase expression in human neuroblastoma. J Biol Chem, 282:125
2. 53. Beierle EA, Ma X, Stewart J, Nyberg C, Trujillo A, Cance WG, Golubovskaya VM. Inhibition of focal adhesion kinase decreases tumor growth in human neuroblastoma. Cell Cycle, 9: 1005-15, 2010.
3. 66. Gillory LA, Megison ML, Stewart JE, Mroczek-Musulman E, Nabers HC, Waters AM, Kelly V, Coleman JM, Markert JM, Gillespie GY, Friedman GK, Beierle EA. Preclinical evaluation of engineered oncolytic herpes simplex virus for the treatment of neuroblastoma. PLOS ONE, 8:e77753, 1-19, 2013.
4. Waters AM, Stewart JE, Atigadda VR, Mroczek-Musulman E, Muccio DD, Grubbs CJ, Beierle EA. Pre-clinical evaluation of a novel RXR agonist for the treatment of neuroblastoma. Molec Cancer Ther, 14:1559-1569, 2015.
5. Waters AM, Stafman LL, Garner EF, Mruthyunjayappa S, Stewart JE, Mroczek-Musulman E, Beierle EA. Targeting focal adhesion kinase suppresses the malignant phenotype in rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Trans Oncol, 9:263-272, 2016.
Dr. Bierle is an Associate Professor of Surgery
Patient Care Emphasis:
Pediatric surgical oncology, neonatal surgery, burn and trauma care
Dr. Beierle's research interest lies in the study of pediatric solid tumors, specifically the signal transduction pathways involved in neuroblastoma.