Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas (Greenville, SC) (Sports Medicine)
Shoulder dislocations, ACL ruptures, cartilage/meniscus, hip impingement
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Honors and Awards
Kurt M.W. Niemann Award for Outstanding Senior Orthopaedic Surgery Resident (2016), Winner of the UAB Orthopedic Residency Quality Improvement Project Competition (2016), Arthroscopy Association of North America Resident Scholarship Recipient (2016), Clinical Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting Poster Award Winner – 2nd place (2015), CAMBAC Research Day Poster Award Winner (2015), SOA/OREF Resident Award for top paper at SOA annual meeting (2015), American Orthopaedic Association Resident Leadership Forum invitee (2015) Preoperative planning and surgical skills competition winner at AO basic course, Preoperative planning and surgical skills competition winner at AO basic course (2012)
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. Momaya AM, Tokish JM. Applying the glenoid track concept in the management of patients with anterior shoulder instability. Curr Rev Musculoskeletal Med.
2. Momaya AM, Kwapisz A, Choate S, Hawkins RJ, Tokish JM. Clinical outcomes of suprascapular nerve decompression: a systematic review. (accepted to JSES)
3. Momaya AM, Beicker C, Siffri P, Kissenberth MJ, Backes J, Bailey L, Rulewicz G, Mercuri J, Shealy EC, Tokish JM, Thigpen CA. Preoperative ultrasonography is unreliable in predicting hamstring tendon graft diameter for ACL reconstruction. (accepted to OJSM)
4. Momaya AM, Stavrinos D, Wittig S, McManus B, Emblom B, Estes R. Return to driving after hip arthroscopy. Clin J Sports Med. July 2017 [Epub ahead of print]
5. Stewart B, Momaya AM, Silverstein M, Lintner D. The cost-effectiveness of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in competitive athletes. Am J Sports Med 2017;45(1):23-33.