Clinical nutrition services are provided on an outpatient basis. Outpatient appointments for medical nutrition therapy are scheduled upon receipt of a physician referral.
Nutrition services provided for children ages 0-19 years include:
- Nutrition assessment (which may include any or all of the following: obtaining and evaluating nutrition/feeding histories, evaluating growth, evaluating lab values, evaluating physical findings, assessing drug/nutrient interactions, recommending and implementing methods for and management of nutrition support therapies, evaluating educational needs of patient and caregiver, and evaluating compliance with prescribed nutrition regimen).
- Nutrition intake calculation and evaluation
- Nutrition education/counseling for normal nutrition, disease state management, drug/nutrient interactions, or altered feeding regimens
- Management of parenteral and/or enteral feedings and/or nutrient supplementation under medical direction
- Nutrition physical examination and assessment
Emily Eckley, MS, RD
Our clinical nutritionist is registered by the Commission of Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and is licensed to practice in the state of Alabama. Our Clinical Pediatric Dietitian has obtained the requirement of Master’s degree in nutrition and has clinical pediatric experience including certification of training in childhood and adolescent weight management.
Individual appointments are scheduled during normal business hours Monday-Friday by our nutritionist based on the needs of the patient in the best way possible. Morning appointments, as early as 8:00 a.m., and afternoon appointments, as late as 4:00 p.m., are available upon request.
Number for Referral: 256-533-0833, ext 6
Fax Number to Refer Patients: 256-533-0855
Please complete and fax Outpatient Referral Form for Physicians below.
Outpatient Referral Form