|Print This Page Email to a Friend|
Three Children’s of Alabama pediatric practices are celebrating milestone anniversaries this summer. Pediatrics West is celebrating its 40th anniversary, Vestavia Pediatrics is celebrating its 45th anniversary and 20 years with Children’s, and Pediatrics East is celebrating its 60th anniversary.
Pediatrics West was established in 1977 and was previously affiliated with Lloyd Noland Hospital and HealthSouth Metro West. Children’s purchased the practice in 2001. Today, the practice operates two office locations. The Bessemer office is located at 1090 9th Avenue Southwest, Suite 100. The McAdory office is located at 4730 Bell Hill Road.
Patients at both locations are treated by Drs. Abby Allen, Tracy Brookings, Hugh Cheek, Catherine Cotney, Janet Harris, Liz Lewis, MeKeisha Pickens, Charlotte Prejean and H. Thomas Smith.
Vestavia Pediatrics was established in 1972 by Drs. James Johnson and David Simpson. Dr. Rick Smith joined them in 1976. Children’s purchased the practice in 1997. The office is located at 1936 Old Orchard Road. Today, the office operates on two separate floors – the original practice on the upper level and a ground-level “Well Clinic” where children ages newborn to age 5 are seen for well visits.
Vestavia Pediatrics received the highest Patient Centered Medical Home certification from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) in 2016. The NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home is a model of primary care that combines teamwork and information technology to improve care, improve patients’ experience of care and reduce costs.
Patients at Vestavia Pediatrics are treated by Drs. Betsy Crum, Joseph Hamm, William Hardwick Jr., John Simpson and Richard Stone.
Pediatrics East celebrates its 60th anniversary this year, with care spanning multiple generations of patient families in Jefferson, St. Clair and Blount counties and the surrounding areas.
Pediatrics East was established in 1957 by Dr. Vincent Carnaggio to serve families in eastern Birmingham. Children’s purchased the practice in 1996. Today, the practice operates two office locations. The Trussville office is located at 520 Simmons Drive. The Deerfoot office is at 6729 Deerfoot Parkway in Pinson.
Pediatrics East received the highest Patient Centered Medical Home certification from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) in 2013 and was recertified in 2016.
Patients at Pediatrics East are treated by Drs. Diane Dietlein-Cox, Phillip Harmon, Diane Kutny, J. Mark Lytle, Michael Miller, Angela Redmond, Kat Rochelle, Peily Soong, Rebecca Webster, Ann-Katrin Wilson and Gigi Youngblood.
Since 1911, Children’s of Alabama has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children. Ranked among the best pediatric medical centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s provided care for youngsters from every county in Alabama, 46 other states and seven foreign countries last year, representing more than 676,000 outpatient visits and more than 15,000 inpatient admissions. With more than 2 million square feet, it is the third largest pediatric medical facility in the United States. Children’s offers inpatient and outpatient services across its Russell Campus on Birmingham’s historic Southside with additional specialty services provided at Children’s South, Children’s on 3rd and in Huntsville and Montgomery. Primary care is provided at more than a dozen medical offices in communities across central Alabama. Children’s of Alabama is the only medical center in Alabama dedicated solely to the care and treatment of children. It is a private, not-for-profit medical center that serves as the primary site of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) pediatric medicine, surgery, psychiatry, research and residency programs. More information is available at childrensal.org.