BS, Biological Sciences, North Carolina State University
MS, Genetic Counseling, University of South Carolina School of Medicine
MD, Medical University of South Carolina
Pediatrics, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
Medical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Dysmorphology, Undiagnosed Disease Program, genomic sequencing, skeletal dysplasias, syndrome delineation, care coordination for children with complex medical needs
Board-Certified in Pediatrics (2014), Board-Eligible in Medical Genetics (2017)
American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (member)
Rare Disease Clinical Research Training Program participant (2016-2017)
Notable Publications and Presentations
1. Upadia J, Oakes J, Hamm A, Hurst ACE, Robin NH. Foramen magnum compression in Coffin-Lowry syndrome: A case report. 2017. Am J Med Genet Part A 9999A:1-3
2. Hurst ACE, Lose E, Mikhail F, Carroll A, Robin NR. Mosaic Triploidy Resembling Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome with Macroglossia and Hemihyperplasia. David W. Smith Workshop on Malformations and Morphogenesis; 2016 September; Lake Arrowhead, CA.
3. Hurst ACE, Williams CL, Nelson KR, Stolerman ES, Robin NH. Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome with Nystagmus and Immobile First Digit Interphalangeal Joints: Expanding the Phenotype of PTCH1 Duplications. 2015. Annals of Pediatrics and Child Health. 3(9):1090-1095.
4. “Segmental overgrowth with a somatic PIK3CA mutation and low-level mosaic loss of methylation at IC2.” Southeastern Regional Genetics Group – Annual Meeting; 2015 July; Asheville, NC.
5. “Unexpected survivors: Caring for children with medical conditions of uncertain prognoses.” Pediatric Academic Society – Annual Meeting; 2013 May; Washington, DC.