Specialty Clinics at Children’s Park Place 1600 5th Ave South | Birmingham, AL 35233
What to Bring to an Appointment
• Doctor’s name(s)
• Insurance card
• Co-payment for insurance
• List of child’s medication(s)
• List of questions you may have for the doctor or nurse
• Books or games
• Snacks or formula (Please do not bring food if your child must not have anything to eat or drink before the appointment.)
Insurance and demographic (address, phone #, etc.) information are confirmed at every visit.
Permission to Treat
At least one parent or legal guardian must accompany all minor patients. If someone other than a legal guardian or parent will accompany your child, please ensure you provide them with a written, signed “Permission to Treat” slip. Please include the name of the person who will accompany your child as well as their relationship to your child in the permission slip.
• Please make sure you have a referral from your Primary Care Physician before the specialty visit, if this is required by your insurance. Know the services your insurance plan covers so that you can prepare for and be involved in the care of your child at Children’s of Alabama.
• You may receive more than one bill for the care provided to your child at Children’s of Alabama. The bill you receive from Children’s of Alabama will not include the doctor’s fee or reading fee for any x-ray or lab work. If you have questions about your Children’s bill, please call: 205-638-5600 or 844-750-8950.
One parent may park in the 7th Avenue Deck or the 5th Avenue Deck at no charge. Additional vehicles will be charged a reduced hourly rate with a validated ticket. The rates are $1 for up to an hour, $2 for up to two hours, $3 for up to three hours, $4 for up to four hours and $5 for more than four but less than 24 hours. The cost of getting out of the deck without a validated ticket is $25. Have your parking ticket validated at one of the Information Desks. When driving out of the parking deck, insert your validated ticket stub into the kiosk at the exit gate. The gate arm will rise, allowing you to drive out of the parking deck.
Driving Directions to Park Place