Below is a collection of technical requirements and troubleshooting tips to help you get the most out of the streaming media content presented by The Children's Hospital of Alabama. This content is administered by the Audio Visual Department at the Bradley Lecture Center. If you encounter issues that are not addressed in this document, please contact Curt Posey at 205-638-9533 or e-mail email@example.com.
Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7.
Windows Media Player 9 or later.
For Firefox and Chrome playback, Silverlight 1.0 or later (viewers are prompted to install this when attempting to view a presentation).
Broadband Internet connection (256 Kbps or more)
Mac OS- Mediasite 4.3 and later:
Note: Variable speed playback and multicast are not currently supported in Silverlight. Closed captioning and full screen video via Silverlight are available only in Mediasite 5.0 or later.
- As of Mediasite version 5.0.3, playback on Linux platforms is supported.
- Playback of Mediasite presentations on Linux is accomplished via the Moonlight Project, an open source implementation of Microsoft Silverlight. For more installation on the installation and configuration of Moonlight, please visit their page here. The compatible operating systems and browsers are listed on this page.
- Microsoft Media Pack for Moonlight
- Broadband Internet connection (256 Kbps or more)
General Microsoft Silverlight Information
The system requirements for Microsoft Silverlight and associated technologies are listed below.
- Operating System: Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Intel® Pentium® III 450MHz or faster processor (or equivalent)
- 128MB of RAM
- Operating System: Apple Mac OS X 10.4.8 or above
- Intel CoreTM Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- 128MB of RAM
For more information about streaming media at The Children's Hospital of Alabama, contact Curt Posey at 205-638-9533 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.